– Presentations of week 1 questions
– delicious and wikis
For next week:
Create a Liquid three column layout
Create a liquid layout with three columns using the following layout:
Your layout has to
– Load the same background image in three different pages.
– Position a background image in the right hand column away from the text
– Align the text in the Header to the left
– Align the text in the right hand column to the right
– Remove the line under all links, change their color to a color of your choice.
– Specify the width of the right and left column to be 300 px
– Make sure you use padding and margin to create the same text flow as in the example.
As a group create the layout and develop a presentation that explains how you did it.
Post your answer as a comment to this post.
Here are some questions to get you started:
1: What is CSS and how does it work. (How do you use CSS to control the style and layout of multiple Web pages all at once. What is the correct HTML for referring to an external style sheet?)
2: What does the style attribute do and what do declaration, property and values refer to?
3: What is the CSS box model?
4: what is an element? How do you add a background color for all <h1> elements? How do you Set the background color of different elements?
How do you set an image as the background of a page?
5: What is a liquid layout? How do you build a liquid layout with css?
6: What is the difference between inline and block-level elements? How do you use them?
7: How do you size blocks, what do you need to know?
8: Explain the different ways to position elements on the screen. What is CSS floating?