Group members: Nick, Michelle, Jamie, Monica, Diane, Chloe
FreeDome: Liberate yourself from your own self-destruction!
We are FreeDome. We live in a Dome where people are free, equal and respect everything in the dome.
We are a society of people accepting only relevant and vital information. Our “Dome”icile will exist in a space and time of honesty against corruption; we will strive for a better quality of life. A life that allows to pursue passions and dreams, merging work and play into a lifestyle designed with maximum freedom in mind.
FreeDome operates on the notion that a sacrifice of some technological luxuries and conveniences is our only way to live sustainably, that we must sacrifice to liberate ourselves from our own self-destruction. FreeDome will operate using no materials or methods that are not Dome friendly. People are free to come and go from FreeDome as they please, however, waiting lists will be used to keep the Dome’s population steady.
- We are killing the world with over-consumption and non-ecologically friendly methods – No resources are used in Freedome that cannot be recycled. We understand this may not be everyone’s idea of a Utopia but it will keep everyone alive and well and not fighting over resources – this means we don’t have luxury services that can’t be recycled.
- A disproportionate number of people on earth have no control over their lives – they don’t get to choose what they want to do. In our world people will be free to pursue what naturally compels them. 90% of the work will be done by machines (details of machines made of LEGO, with pneumatics or electricity). The remaining 10% of the work will be done either by those who are bored, or by those who seriously work to express themselves and (NOTE – you could have your machine do your work for you if you wanted or you could work.
- Unexpected weather causes billions in damage and massive death – we control the weather through a massive pneumatic system in the dome. Only certain elements available in populated areas – weather controlled by group consensus.
- In an information overloaded world, too much useless or redundant information is presented to too many people.
- In Freedome there are no ads unless you want to see them
- Furthermore, advertisers must adhere strictly to standards of content – have to prove relevance of info to Dome residents.
- Corruption restricts the efficacy of civil and political systems – but how can we control the populace or weed out bad people?
- Since mind-control through drugs and propaganda strip people of freedom of thought, and constant monitoring strips people of their privacy, FreeDome acts upon an honour system – anyone suspected of crime faces non-invasive lie-detection, if proven guilty they’re exiled from the dome.
- Plant and animal relationships are a chief concern of FreeDome – no abuse, lots of respect. Residents must show compassion, no environmental damage. If you’re going to eat an animal it must die naturally. No fur coats. Discussion around the Native American concept of Animal Spirit Guides, in Freedome we would work to have a better spiritual relationship with other living things.
- Transportation – everyone has vehicles that can navigate all surfaces of the dome. These vehicles are electric. These can stick to the shell of the dome and get to any point in the dome without having to go all the way around. They will travel at lightning fast speeds to get you place to place quick and efficiently.
- Language – Problems arise in the world from miscommunication – Freedome addresses many factors. Possible video conferencing to prevent email or texting miss-reads.
- Appearance- There are no standards of appearance in FreeDome, there is no such thing as a perception of ideal beauty. No advertising encouraging or promoting appearance enhancements or improvement.
- Monthly post-mortem for a populace-wide check in. How’s everyone doing? What went right? What went wrong?
Sincerely, The FreeDome.