The world is constantly changing and new media is a main component, which allows this change to occur, creating a type of technological evolution. New media first came to be in the 1990s and is possible through experimental techniques, which takes form in most cases electronically. New media is interactive, allowing the audience to have an experience while viewing or using the object and/or program.
New media is continuously creating new forms of communication, which are much more efficient and right at your figure tip. The new ways to communicate consist of; websites, streaming audio and video, chat rooms, email, online communities and much more, which is all made possible through computers.
New Media is always changing and improving which is creating a world of magic through technological illusions as well as a world where we can rely on objects & programs to be able to do our daily tasks much more efficiently. In addition, as Marshal McLuhan once said, “Today we are beginning to notice that the new media are not just mechanical gimmicks for creating worlds of illusion, but new languages with new and unique powers of expression.” 1957.
1. Cambridge Dictionary – http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=92480&dict=CALD
2.Effects of New Media – http://effectsofnewmediaadvertising.blogspot.com/
4. Liquid Information – http://www.liquidinformation.org/mcluhan_quotes.html
5. Webopedia – http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/N/new_media.html
7. Dictionary.com – http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/New+Media
8. Lister, Martin. New media: a critical introduction Media Studies. Illustrated, reprint ed. London: Routledge, 2003. Print.